- 3 kale leaves, stem removed
- 2 apples, seeds removed
- 1/2 pineapples, rind removed
- 3 Cuties (or similar clementines) or 2 Valencia oranges, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
Using a juicer
Run all ingredients except oranges and lime through feeder of juicer.
Remove all extra fiber (pour through wire strainer).
Stir in citrus juices.
Using a smoothie blender (Ninja, etc,)
Put all ingredients into blender.
Add water and ice.
Drink yummy goodness!
Pour any leftover juice into a Mason jar with lid and place in fridge. Good for 1 week!
Tangy Cabbage and Kale Slaw
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, cored & thinly sliced
- 1/4 head of green cabbage, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 apple, cored and shredded
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sprouts (pea, sunflower, or radish)
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped herbs (chives, mint, cilantro, parsley, and dill)
- salt and pepper to taste
- grainy vinaigrette of your choice
Soak red cabbage in cold water for 30 minutes.
Drain well and pat dry.
Juice the lemon.
Use a julienne peeler to slice/shred the apple and carrots.
Toss in lemon juice.
Refrigerate until ready to mix with other ingredients.
Place kale, green & red cabbage, carrots, and radish into bowl.
Add apple and carrot mixture.
Toss with sprouts, herbs, salt & pepper, and vinaigrette.
Almond Butter Bark
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup slighted warmed OR melted almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp gluten free brown rice syrup
- Pinch of ground rock salt
Line the baking pan with wax paper
Combine the coconut oil, almond butter, coconut flakes, and rice syrup in a bowl.
Spread mixture into pan and sprinkle with rock salt.
Freeze for 20 minutes.
Snap into shards.
Store in container in the fridge. The shards will melt if left at room temp.
Brussels Sprouts with Currants & Almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp dried black currants
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 lb steamed Brussels sprouts cut lengthwise in half
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
Heat a saucepan on medium heat for 1 minute.
Add the coconut oil and allow it to heat and melt for about 30 seconds (a pinch of salt should sizzle when dropped into pan).
Place Brussels sprouts cut side down and season with salt and pepper.
Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the faces of the sprouts are brown and caramelized.
Remove lid, add the shallots and garlic with the sprouts, and toss.
Season with salt and pepper (optional).
Stir or shake pan to mix ingredients and turn sprouts.
Cook for 1-2 minutes uncovered to soften shallots and garlic.
Stir in currants and almonds until well combined. Serve!