The South Suburban Food Co-op will be closing in it’s current location. Our last day opened will be April 23rd.
After that day, the volunteers of the co-op will be working to pack up the store to move to our new location in Homewood. The Grand Opening for the new location is still to be announced.
The address for the new location is 1941-1943 Ridge Road, Homewood IL. Right next to the Dance studio off of Dixie Highway.
We look forward to seeing you guys at the new South Suburban Food Co-op, which will be known as Beans & Greens.
Spring is here and with it comes warm winds and planting season
Seeds are here at the coop!
- Brussels Sprouts
Easter is also here! Get your holiday ingredients here!
New Year, New You!
With the new year started, stop by the co-op for all your needs!
we have Trail mix, organic veggies and greens, gluten free breads and goods, fiber high foods, and plenty more!
So come on in and let us help make a better you!
We now have SMOOTHIES made FRESH upon request!
- Lean Green: Kale, Apple, Lemon, Water, and Ice = $4.50
- Whats Up Doc?: Apple, Pear, Carrots, Carrot Tops, Celery, Water, Ice = $4.50
- Apple Alkalaid: Spinach, Green Apple, Cucumber, Ginger, Lemon, Water, and Ice = $4.50
- Mr. Greenie: Kale, Celery, Lettuce, Spinach, Cucumber, Carrot Tops, Lemon, Ginger, Apple, Carrots, Water, and Ice = $6.00
- Nutty Nana: Bananas, PB, Almond or Coconut Milk, and Ice = $4.50
- Le’Lee’s Breakfast: Banana’s, PB, Vegan Chocolate Meal replacement, Almond Milk, and Ice = $5.00
- Smooth Tropics: Pineapples, Bananas, Oranges, Water, and Ice = $4.50
- Pinenaberry: Pineapples, Bananas, Strawberries, Water, and Ice = $4.50
- Orange Dream: Oranges, Bananas, Greek Yogurt, Water, and Ice = $4.50
- Strawberry Cream: Strawberries, Bananas,Plain Yogurt, Water, and Ice = $4.50
These are only the beginning! When we raise enough money our menu will expand to include more flavors! We will also build a SMOOTHIE BAR so you can watch it get prepared right in front of you! However, we need your help! Donate now and help us treat you to a Delicious Smoothie!
FREE Green Smoothie Demo & Tasting
Saturday, September 19
10am – 4pm at the Food Co-op
We are open on Saturday from 8am – 6pm
During the 60th Annual Park Forest Art Fair
Saturday, 10am – 5pm
If you like the drink and want a cup to go, it’s only .50 – such a deal!
Wednesday, August 2nd 2015
Fresh Bread just came in! Come and get it!
oh, oh, oh AND we also got some really good new chips for you to try!
- Avocado oil Cracked pepper and Sea salt Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
- Avocado oil Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
- Red Wine and Sea salt Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
- B.B.Q Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
HOMEMADE PICO DE GALLO FOR SALE! COME AND GET IT!
GRAB N’GO’S LUNCHES IN THE LUNCH COOLERS!
HUMUS WITH SLICED VEGGIES AND ORGANIC CRAKER,
SALADS, AND SOUL VEGAN!
September 2nd, 2015
Balls’of’Nuts are in! For anyone who has been asking for them, they have arrived!!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip, Peanut, Cashew, Pistachios, we have them all!
September 19th, 2015
Park Forest will be having its annual Art Fair. On that day, stop on by the Co-op and watch a demo on how to make Green veggie Juice. Great for morning energy and food on the go! Its healthy and yummy! Whats not to love?